Marketing Manager co.nz- 1 week ago
Wilderness Motorhomes is New Zealand's most trusted motorhome rental company. With a fleet of high-quality European rental motorhomes, we deliver a dream holiday experience for discerning travellers. Our sister company, SmartRV, is our motorhome sales division, offering new and used European motorhomes to people who love travelling around New Zealand so much they plan to do it often, and in style.
Our company is shaped by our 4 company values: He Tangata, He Tangata, He Tangata (What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!), Be More Awesome, Make our Planet a Better Place, and Explore, Dream, Discover. Everyone in our company lives and works by these values. You'll need to be prepared to embrace them too.
About the role:
Based in Auckland, you will lead our busy marketing team, with responsibility for developing product and market strategies that position both Wilderness and SmartRV to achieve long term growth while generating successful leads to meet annual revenue and profitability goals.
- Build on your own love of adventure with free motorhome hire allowing you to experience the dream for yourself;
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your marketing career in a fast-growing company;
- Positive workplace culture with a team of passionate individuals who all share the same vision;
- Car parking available.
Along with energy, initiative and a 'can-do' attitude, you'll have:
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing marketing strategies, encompassing all aspects of marketing, including digital, communications, social media, advertising and events;
- Senior level marketing experience with a proven track record of leading a team of people (some of whom are based off-site) to success;
- Minimum five years experience in a management role either in-house or with an agency;
- A minimum of ten years experience in planning and execution of digital strategies including social media (online marketing is a major focus of this role and specific experience in inbound and content marketing is preferred);
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and the team.
Above all you will be a team player as well as a leader, and you won't be afraid to be fussy about details. You can self-manage and meet deadlines. You think strategically and you're organised. You enjoy contributing to a great workplace.
- Develop and provide leadership for a high performing marketing team to drive the execution of strategic marketing plans for meeting the company's overall business objectives;
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing team including budgeting, planning and team member's professional development;
- Serve as a key and active member of the senior management team, including but not limited to developing and managing the annual marketing budget;
- Champion the brands, drive brand prominence, consistency and innovation;
- Analyze existing product and markets in terms of the ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and sustain or grow profitability;
- Collaborate with the Sales teams to define effective sales channels of all products;
- Monitor business metrics especially revenues, profitability, market share and product portfolio mix.
If you're ready to join an exciting and dynamic tourism and leisure company that is going places and you think you have what it takes to help us raise the bar even further, please apply today.