Site Manager Whanganui content expired govt.nz- 2 months ago
Site Manager – Whanganui, Permanent, Full Time
Lead and inspire a passionate team!
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for getting things right for Tamariki and Rangatahi to join our team as the Manager of our Whanganui site. As part of the Manawatu-Whanganui leadership team, your key focus will be on providing leadership and managing the delivery of high quality, proactive child protection services to children and young people, as well as undertaking exciting change components.
We are looking for a driven, inspirational and experienced leader to deliver on our Oranga Tamariki vision and purpose. You'll leverage off this to quickly establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, building on inter-agency networks and wider community engagement.
Your astute business acumen will allow you to effectively manage your financial and people accountabilities. Your strong people management experience will be of benefit as you provide clear direction to your team leading them in a climate of change. On a day to day basis you will work to identify and effectively mitigate risk. Behind the scenes, you'll have your finger on the pulse as you work to monitor and maximise performance, while ensuring our work is compliant, within budget, of high quality, and in line with current practice and policy.
To be successful you need to be:
- committed to getting things right for Tamariki and Rangatahi
- experienced in successfully leading and managing a medium sized team (20 to 30 staff), ideally within a social services context
- Previous change management experience is highly desirable
- a collaborative, strengths-based leader with the ability to collaborate within a multi-agency approach
- strong in business planning, financial management, resource allocation and performance monitoring processes
- computer literate with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- You must have a full, clean driver's licence and a relevant qualification in health, social work or management.
- training, on-going supervision and support
- competitive salary
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Only online applications will be accepted.
If you currently work for Oranga Tamariki please apply through your myHR careers portal at work.
Applications close: Sunday 04th February 2018
For a discussion about the role contact Bev Markham (Regional Manager, Taranaki - Manawatu) on (06) 968 3340.
For more information about the work we do click here
We are a new Ministry with a commitment to putting vulnerable children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say. We pride ourselves on working alongside our community partners to bring about positive outcomes for our children and young people. We have an opportunity for a qualified social worker to join our care services team.