Tegel Foods Limited - Vacancies co.nz- 1 week ago
Tegel Foods Ltd is an iconic New Zealand brand with a long history of producing a wide variety of high quality products delivered throughout New Zealand. We are proud to be helping families eat well very day. Tegel New Plymouth is one of Taranaki's largest employers.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Technician with to join our company and add to our established New Plymouth Engineering team.
You will be responsible for carrying out preventative and general maintenance on our machinery as well as focussing on elimination of downtime within the plant. Plant efficiency is an important aspect of this role. Activities need to be conducted in a cost-effective manner within acceptable time frames whilst complying with our hygiene, quality and safety policies. So we'd love to hear about your experience in these areas.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Level 4 or equivalent maintenance engineering qualifications
- Experience in conveyors, processing and packaging machinery maintenance
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
We look forward to hearing about:
- Examples of learning from machine failures to improve future reliability
- Your asset care strategy experience
- How you work well as part of a team, being proactive and being able to follow instructions
- How you manage multiple priorities and deliver in a timely manner
We are currently recruiting for the following:
- 49 hour week = 9 hour Monday to Friday plus 8 hrs alternate Saturdays with an 11:00am start
- 53 hour week = 9 hour Monday to Friday plus 8 hrs Saturdays with a 3:00pm start
- 4on4off = 12 hours static shift with a 1:00am start
In return, we will provide you competitive remuneration and the opportunity to join a fast paced and successful business.
Applications Close: 09 Feb 2018
Back to Jobs View Full Ad Apply Now