IMED Early Phase Drug Discovery Graduate Programme | Graduate Scheme At AstraZeneca content expired co.uk- 3 months ago
Our Graduate Programme is designed for those with a passion for science, and a desire to make a genuine difference to the lives of patients – today and in the future.
How does the programme work?
At AstraZeneca, we are constantly looking forward and thinking about how science can meet unmet patient needs. During the course of the programme, you will have the opportunity to make a real contribution to our projects and could contribute to scientific breakthroughs that will help deliver the next generation of life- saving medicines.
We are looking for curious and creative, driven and determined individuals with a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a broad chemical or biological discipline, who have recently graduated, or are due to graduate. We particularly want people with a passion for science who want to push the boundaries of science to develop the next generation innovative medicines which will transform the lives of patients around the world.
What can you expect?
- This is a two year programme where you complete three individual eight month placements across Innovative Medicines and Early Development with a focus on breadth of experience.
- You will be based at one of our three strategic sites: Boston (US), Gothenburg (Sweden) or Cambridge (UK).
- You are enrolled on our Global Graduate Development Programme where we support the development of your softer skills that are required to make the successful transition into industry.
- You will have a mentor for the duration of the programme who will provide career counselling and guidance.
- Your placement line manager will provide you with the necessary support to develop the technical skills needed to work with world-class scientists in state-of-the-art facilities.
- We also offer a competitive salary, relocation support and benefits that you would expect from a world-class company.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
- Science graduates with a minimum of a 2:1 or local equivalent Bachelor’s degree or Masters
- Bright, motivated and highly driven individuals with a real passion for drug development
- Innovative thinkers with enthusiasm and energy to match their scientific expertise
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team that focuses unequivocally on patient needs
- Strong critical thinking, stakeholder management, planning, organisational and time management skills