Product Portfolio Specialist (Cloud Services) content expired - 2018-01-12
- Developing our marketing strategy and managing the communication around our service offerings
- Assisting the business in determining what features or products meet customer demand
- Rapidly growing part of the Datacom business; plenty of opportunity
Unique role combining your expertise in marketing, product development/ management and knowledge of Cloud services
As part of Datacom’s commitment to providing the very best of service and innovation to our customer base, we constantly strive to ensure those services we provide meet both current, and future demand. We are recruiting a Product Portfolio Specialist to develop our marketing strategy and ensure we are effectively communicating our wide range of existing and new service offerings.
The role of the Product Portfolio Specialist is to represent the needs of the customer, evaluating market trends and competition. The Product Portfolio Specialist uses this information to assist the business in determining what features or products are most appropriate to meet customer demand, and that can remain competitive and sustainable for the future.
The Product Portfolio Specialist will work closely with the business, customers and external partners to ensure success in the creation and delivery of products and features. You will work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product Management teams across the Datacom Group to ensure internal alignment and collaboration. Success will be measured by a sustainable catalogue of products, client satisfaction, product profitability, relevance and value.
The core objectives and responsibilities of the Product Portfolio Specialist include:
- Owning and leading the product management lifecycle of Cloud products and features ensuring they are relevant to the market, and commercially viable (both new and existing services)
- Being a passionate and vocal advocate of the business, regularly promoting and communicating new products and features, (including changes to existing services), that are in various stages of development through a variety of channels and methods
- Conducting customer, internal market and competitor research to support the selection, prioritisation and investment in new products and features.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of the IT industry and the Public/Private Cloud sector from a product and marketing perspective
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies, plans and roadmaps
- Proven track record of delivering products to the market
- Knowledge and experience within the Government sector
- Sound knowledge of the Wellington IT Provider/Supplier community
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with our clients
- Strong commercial focus
- Effective presentation skills
We are also looking for a match to our core values:
- Fresh thinking and a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- An individual that thrives in a high performance environment
- Openness, collaboration and honesty – with the confidence to voice you your opinion
- A focus on “doing it right”
- A commitment on doing what is best for Datacom and our customers
The company and culture:
Datacom may be one of NZ’s largest ICT service providers, but we have managed to maintain a small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and that buzz you can feel from the moment you meet with us. When you talk to our people, they talk about the caring and supportive aspect of Datacom as an employer, and the opportunity that is offered, and the genuine focus on delivering the best to the customer. We are NZ owned, and proud of it.
This is a key role in ensuring the ongoing success and the development of our Cloud Services business unit, alongside our senior leadership team.
Please apply on-line, or email: email@example.com. If you wish to talk to us about this role, or to request a Position Description, please call our recruitment team on 04 472 3386.
“Our recruitment team is away from 22nd December – 8th January on our holiday break so there will be no action on your application until after our return”