Registrar, Psychiatry kiwihealthjobs.com- 1 week ago
Start date early 2018 (negotiable)
Fulltime, 40 - 44.9 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint a Registrar to our Mental Health and Addictions Service. The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the Taranaki region that include:
- A 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
The duration of this run is 12 months, though 6 month runs may be considered and is suitable for a first year Registrar. The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRANZCP for a maximum of 12 months.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Provide services to the Acute Adult Inpatient and Adult Community Mental Health services under the supervision of their Consultant.
- Review all inpatients and outpatients.
- Confer with the Consultant immediately for any clinical situation involving substantial risk beyond their level of clinical expertise.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Attend meetings as follows: Daily MDT meetings, Weekly Community MDT meeting, Bimonthly administrative meetings with Clinical Director and Consultant Psychiatrists Weekly Journal Club / CME.
- Participating on the On call roster working with the Crisis Team
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include - General tutorial session weekly, Clinical Grand Round where you may present cases when necessary an Radiology teaching.
Click here to view the run description.
If you are interested in this position click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
Come and live in the region that has just been named the world's second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
For more information about these positions, please contact Casey Wellington, Medical Management Team Leader, on 06 7536139 ext 8704 or via email; Casey.Wellington@tdhb.org.nz
Applications Close on 28th January 2018.