Full-Time Regional Commissioner Advisor, Northland Region co.nz- 1 week ago
Regional Commissioner Advisor, Northland Region
Job ID: 19243
- Senior Advisory Role
- Permanent, full time
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. We help the Government to set priorities across the sector, co-ordinate the actions of other social sector agencies and track changes in the social wellbeing of New Zealanders.
The Regional Commissioner Advisor provides support and advice across a broad range of areas to support the Regional Commissioner and regional office operation. In this role you will support the Regional Commissioner in interagency and cross-sector initiatives, risk management, emergency management, regional planning and ad-hoc project management. You will also represent the region at relevant community forums in these functional areas as required.
As part of this role you will also:
- Lead and manage cross-sector / cross service line work programmes that enhance the region’s service delivery and capability.
- Build strong and effective relationships with a variety of strategic and priority stakeholders.
- Maintain oversight on regional issues management.
- Manage the region’s risk portfolio
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful history of:
- Leading a team at a senior level
- Developing enduring external and internal stakeholder relationships
- Creating a strong customer centric environment in a service delivery operation
- Leading projects
You must be willing to travel to fulfil job requirements.
Advertising has been extended to: Sunday 28th January 2018 at 11pm.
The Ministry of Social Development is one of New Zealand’s largest government agencies. Our work to achieve better social outcomes affects almost every New Zealander, now or in the future.