Software Engineering Graduate Programme | Graduate Scheme At Tesco content expired co.uk- 3 months ago
Tesco technology pioneers: we make great technology.
As a company, we’re passionate about serving our shoppers a little better every day. Our software engineers continue to lead the way with building our technologies – it’s a real area of growth here at Tesco.
This one-year graduate programme will give you exposure to a selection of the latest technologies. It aims to equip graduates with the right knowledge and skills to become one of our future engineering leaders. You’ll be able to bring your knowledge and experience to life, helping us to better serve our customers. We’ll also show you how to architect some of the most complex and challenging software systems being built. Using Agile principles, you’ll learn how to protect customer data, how to automate, and how to build large scale systems.
We like to give graduates a network of support: our team of industry experts will be there to support you as you grow on this programme, but you’ll also have a buddy and a mentor who will be on hand to support you throughout.
While it’s not vital you have a degree in computer science, we’re keen to see your passion for technology and that you have an aptitude to develop quality code.
Alongside the buddy, mentor and supportive line manager, we’ll also offer you technical skills training via QA , Pluralsight and Codeschool.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree likely to be in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering, although any discipline is accepted
- A passion for technology and the desire to learn more about how it is used/ developed
- An inquisitive nature and the drive to improve your leadership and technical skills
- To be a strong leader of people who inspires everyone to achieve together
- Understand how people use Technology and be able to relate ideas back to the customer shopping experience
- To be able to develop innovative systems that are truly leading the way in retail technology
- To stick to your values and do the right thing, even when it's tough
- To be agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- To be connected to the latest thinking, inside and outside of the business
- The hunger to drive your own career and become one of our leaders of tomorrow in an exciting and fast-paced industry
About The Company
About Tesco UK
Our operations in the UK are the largest within the Group, with over 3500 stores and over 310,000 colleagues. We have strengthened the foundations of the UK business and we are now accelerating plans to deliver the most compelling offer for customers with sharper prices, improved quality, stronger ranges and better service. Every colleague has an amazing opportunity to play their part in delivering small changes every day that can make a big difference to customers and colleagues.
Core Purpose and Values
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn’t changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it’s our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That’s why we’ve chosen ‘Serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day’ as our new core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do – from colleagues in our stores to those of us in supporting roles.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it’s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses