Disability Support Workers - Full, Part Time And C co.nz- 1 week ago
NZCare Disability is a National provider of a range of support services to people with intellectual and physical disabilities. Our aim is to maximise their independence and quality of life. Services include residential support, respite care and vocational services.
This vacancy is for residential services, and we can offer part-time or casual hours over a 24-hour period. Experience working with Autism would be an advantage.
What does a Disability Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with an intellectual or physical disability on a 24/7 weekly roster with the following:
- Sustaining their interests and relationships
- Completing domestic activities
- Criving to appointments in our Disability vans
- Medication dispensing (full training provided)
- Personal cares (washing and dressing)
- Writing daily reports by hand and on a computer
Skills required include the following:
- Experience supporting a person with high and complex needs such as autism (preferable but not essential as training is provided)
- A warm and friendly personality, a reasonable level of physical fitness, and the desire to support others
- Ability to confidently and safely carry passengers in our disability vans (training also provided)
- A level of resilience as there will be times when you will need to respond to some challenging behaviours
You'll need a full NZ driver's Licence.
This position may work with children and young adults and so consent to a police vetting process under the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014 is essential, along with the right to work in NZ.
The starting rate of pay for this position is from $19 per hour depending on relevant qualifications.
To apply for this position or to find out more please visit www.healthcarenz.co.nz/careers/vacancies and enter the reference code NZCNP372.
For more information email email@example.com
Mena he tangata ngakaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i nga momo tangata, tena pea, kei konei he turanga mou.Tukua mai to tono ki NZCare.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 11 February 2018.
NZCare Disability is committed to ensuring the good health and wellbeing of its staff and the people they support by operating a smoke-free environment
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.