CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER content expired - 2018-01-13
Taranaki District Health Board is the leading provider of health care to over 110,000 people in the Taranaki region. We are proud to be located in the world’s second top region to visit with amazing ocean, mountain, rivers and lakes and an enviable lifestyle to match.
We are seeking an inspirational Clinical Nurse Manager with significant ED nursing experience. You will be accountable for the management of the nursing and administrative teams to ensure safe nursing care and the maintenance of sound practice standards.
This position has strong working relationships with the Service and Operational Managers, Senior Nursing team, Medical staff and other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the provision of high quality care.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
• New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
• A relevant post graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
• Minimum 5 years post graduate nursing experience in an acute care setting and preferably an up to date Nursing portfolio at expert level
• Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
• Quality Improvement knowledge and the ability to lead quality projects.
• Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
• Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a motivational leadership style and be able to build a cohesive team and facilitate service development. We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Manager with excellent interpersonal skills and strong leadership qualities who is willing to learn, is innovative and patient focused.
Come and live in the region that has just been named the world’s second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here for the job description.
Please apply online from this page.
Applications close 21 January 2018.