Project Manager: Infrastructure content expired co.nz- 5 days ago
- Full time permanent position
- Tauranga City Location
Tauranga is the fifth largest city in the country, and Tauranga City Council is one of New Zealand's growth councils.
Due to the growth in the area Tauranga City Council has developed a new team under Growth & Infrastructure and are looking for two (2) experienced Project Managers - Infrastructure.
This position provides professional project management services involving the provision of planning and delivery of projects and assets associated with Three Waters, Transportation, Property, Parks and Recreation, Library and others.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- At least 8 years proven experience and demonstration of successful project management.
- At least 5 years' experience of project management on infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience in risk and project management with in the construction industry.
- Proven success in management of engineering design across multi-disciplines.
- Demonstrated success in managing contractors.
- Demonstrated success in customer relations and change management.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive ability in the use of relevant software for word processing, spread sheeting, project management, asset management, financial control and business management.
- Current Full Drivers License
- Degree level tertiary qualification in an engineering or related field.
- Extensive experience in managing various stakeholders and individual expectations in a local government environment.
Also desirable are;
- Exposure to Project Management within Local Government, consultancy services and the construction industry.
- Familiarity with NZ contracting models.
- Familiarity with regulations and processes around the RMA & LGA.
- Experience in interpreting flood-modelling reports/data and delivering (designing and constructing) stormwater assets.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice methods for stormwater solutions.
- Experience in delivering streetscape and roading projects in an urban/city-centre environment.
- Extensive experience in managing various stakeholders and individual expectations in an urban/city-centre environment.
To read the position description please click apply to head to our careers page.
Our interview process may include interview(s), psychometric assessments, reference checks, and pre-employment checks.
Applications close 18 January 2018. Please direct any queries to Hiring Manager, Hiring Manager contact details.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.