Property And Facilities Solutions Multi Skilled Engineer - Manchester royalmailgroup.com- 1 month ago
We are now recruiting Multi Skilled Engineers at Manchester Mail Centre
Job reference number 80160
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is responsible for maintaining and upgrading one of the largest corporate real estates in Europe, with over 2,600 sites. We work to the highest standards to ensure that our buildings follow legal and industrial regulations and that they are safe at all times. It’s our job to support Royal Mail in being the best delivery company in the UK and that it is fit for delivering to 29 million addresses nationwide, six days a week. We are always there to ensure the smooth running of the estate and that everyone plays an important part in making this happen.
37.5 hours per week Full time Typical attendance will be 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday
We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
What does Excellence look like in this role?
The residential technician will be based on a critical site, providing technical diagnosis, solutions and leadership. The role holder is responsible for the smooth running and operations of the building delivering service excellence. The role holder will perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Lifts and complex Electrical systems, be involved in fault finding, maintenance of M&E equipment on site as well as building relationships on site with key customers. The role holder will also contribute to the development of other engineers and coordination of subcontractors.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, this position will work closely with, and have regular liaison with other engineers, sub contractors, external customers and wider support functions within Royal Mail PFS
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Assist the Field Service Manager to manage all Health and Safety requirements including the inspection of tools, plant and equipment.
- Manage the delivery of corrective and planned maintenance to meet performance measures
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers
- Analyze and understand technical issues
- Manage jobs in a proactive manner to ensure all KPI’s are met
- Lead engineers and subcontractors on site to deliver excellent technical results
- Maintenance of electrical systems on site
- Coordination of subcontractors on site
- Take a proactive approach to working with Royal Mail PFS support functions to ensure smooth running of operations on site
- Maintenance of M&E equipment on site to a high standard
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships
- Checking and ensuring all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Assist in the development of other onsite engineers
- Coach and support engineers and subcontractors on site
- Provide basic operational cover for the Field Service Manager duties as required
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- The role holder must have 17th edition
- Planned maintenance experience of electrical systems alongside one other core skill
- Experience of working in pressurised situations, with the ability to handle pressure and prioritise work
- Maintenance experience of complex electrical systems e.g. BEM’s, Multi and Group Control lifts, dock levellers, doors, chillers and generator controls. Maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical systems e.g. BEM’s, Multi and Group Control lifts. Door and Dock Levellers, Chillers, ACB and Generator Controls.
- Expert fault finding, including provision of technical leadership and providing advice and guidance to others across all systems.
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Experience of assisting with training, coaching or development of engineers
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and agreeing safe systems of work
- Must have a flexible approach to work carrying out call out and stand by activities as required.
What behaviours and personal competence is needed?
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Always follows an up to date safe systems of work
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Understands the impact of their own actions on the business
- Positively contributes to the team
- Willing to share knowledge and expertise
- Contributes new ideas for improving ways of working
- Strives to delivery beyond expectations
- Motivates others with their job enthusiasm for the job
- Remains calm under pressure
- Personally committed to maintaining and developing the skills required to perform their role.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link ().
Job Segment: Facilities, Electrical, Engineer, Supply, Inspector, Operations, Engineering, Quality