Jobs - Job Details - Drivers / Operators / Labourers (Tararua) - 2018-05-18
Apply Now Job no: 550761
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Operations/Production, Facilities Management, Construction
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
At Downer NZ we're inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
Downer NZ are looking to recruit competent skilled Driver / Operators / Labourers to join our Tararua Alliance team. We have a number of full time positions available, supporting our roads and 3Waters teams to deliver great outcomes for the Tararua District.
As a successful Driver/Operator your duties will include general operating of trucks and other machinery, while also providing general labouring as and when needed. Our Driver/Operators are responsible for ensuring all plant equipment are serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe manner. This includes meeting all relevant legislation, company policies and agreed productivity’s.
- You should ideally hold a Class 2 with WTR endorsement (Class 4 to 5 would be an advantage)
- Experience in operating a variety of civil machinery is an advantage
- Proven work history with experience in civil infrastructure
- Work well in a team or individually when required
- Be reliable and hard working
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Show commitment to safe work practices
In return we offer:
- Stable working environment
- Competitive remuneration package with full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Uniform and safety gear provided
If you have read this far there is a good chance that this is the role for you, so what's stopping you?
Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer, and apply now!
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and search job number 550761, applications can also be made in person at 9 Oringi Road, Dannevirke.
As a WorkSAFE environment all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Advertised: 18 May 2018 New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jun 2018 New Zealand Standard Time
Refer a friend