Water Blaster Trainee/Apprentice Technician - 2018-05-18
With the right attitude/work ethic you can move up the pay scale to become a senior/qualified Technician within 2 years.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only apply for this role if you have a stable job history, are prepared to take regular drug/alcohol tests (we promise we will test you), and will pass a police background check.
Who Are We?
We are a medium sized, well respected, family run, financially sound, exterior house and building wash company. We have been operating for 20 years & cleaned more than 50,000 homes & buildings to date with 13 busy cleaning rigs. 78% of our work is either repeat or referral.
On saying we are a medium sized family company, we are however the largest specialist House & Building Wash business in Auckland and are experiencing ongoing growth, we own an engineering factory and offices where we service our own vehicles & build/service our own waterblast equipment.
What Are We looking For? The following list is long but accurate:
- A positive "can do" attitude
- Someone who enjoys physical, outdoors work (in all weather)
- We would prefer you live in/around the suburb of Mt Wellington although other suburbs will be considered.
- You need to be physically fit and agile (under 90kg’s preferred to walk on rooves without damaging but not deal breaker)
- Be self disciplined
- Be articulate in English
- Be comfortable working at height & on rooves. We will train u to use a safety harness
- Be prepared to take care of & take responsibility for, both our jobs & our equipment
- Have some mechanical sense
- Be neat and tidy of habit & in appearance while still being able to dig deep and find a bit of mongrel when necessary
- Have a current unrestricted full MANUAL car drivers licence
- Be able to pass a police background check along with regular ongoing random drug & alcohol tests (we promise we will test you)
- Can handle being paid according to your performance
- Be prepared to work every second Saturday in the spring
- Can handle being paid twice monthly
- Be able to back a trailer (or willing to learn)
- Have off street parking at home for a 4WD and attached trailer
- Most important of all: Be Trustworthy
Employee Pay & Benefits:
Trainee's start at $50,000 per year incl. various bonuses Senior/Qualified Technicians earn up to $70,000 per annum incl. bonuses as employees (Contractors up to $80,000 per annum) Overtime paid at Time and a Half (yes we are one of the few who still pay overtime), 4 weeks a year holiday pay, sick pay, 11 days statuary holidays, Up to $4,000 per year in additional performance bonuses, Uniform, wet weather gear, and an active social club.
PLUS after initial training earn $100+ extra per week from upselling, a company vehicle to take home, fuel card and smart cell phone.
Expect the following training:
1) Initial basic training/induction for the first months:
Then specialist training with:
2) Height Access Machinery Certification.
3) Safety Harness Use 4 Fall Restraint & Fall Arrest Training
4) First Aid & Urban Pest Control Qualifications
The Fun Stuff:
The Christmas before last we took our crew and their partners to a 5 Star City Hotel for the weekend, had dinner, rented out part of a Pub where we had a Las Vegas and Karaoke evening & generally let our hair down. Later this year WE ARE OFF TO FIJI AS A TEAM!
We work hard & have an active social club, so far the team has enjoyed
3) Bowling ten pin
4) Sharing a few cold ones over a pool table
5) Attempting archery
6) Wine tasting at a vineyard
7) Racing go carts
8) Cheering on the All Blacks on at Eden Park
9) Laughing our arses off at comedy shows
10) Shooting each other with paint balls
11) Fishing in Auckland harbour
12) Singing karaoke very badly
13) Winning then losing piles of gold coins playing Texas Hold Em Poker
14) Bungee Jumping off the Harbour Bridge
15) Holding Las Vegas gambling evenings
16) Zip Lining on Waiheke Island
17) Journeying up the Auckland harbour to The Riverhead Tavern for dinner & drinks
18) Dinner & betting at the trots
19) Jumping out of a plane at 16,500 feet
20) Progressive Dinner via luxury bus including on board bar
To name a few of our adventures....
Check out our WEB SITE
OR our FACEBOOK SITE
OR see what our clients say about us
So if you have the necessary attitude and ability email, post or fax us your C.V. today.
ACTUALLY READ THIS before you send us your C.V. Do NOT apply for this role if you don’t have a stable work history (i.e. change jobs yearly), are likely to fail regular, random, drug & alcohol tests (we promise we will test you) or a police background check, are politically correct, are frightened of hard, physical, outdoor work, ring in sick on Fridays & Mondays when you are hungover or have misplaced your sense of humour ;-)
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.